SBAIC surveyed our membership in August 2012 and these are the results:
- SBAIC currently has over 70 members
- Members work in every development sector worldwide, including conflict zones and high profile countries.
- They serve as prime contractor on 80% of projects implemented.
- They maintain USAID compliant contract and financial management systems.
- Small businesses are legally required to follow all relevant FAR regulations.
- Formally & informally mentor emerging small businesses here and overseas.
- Over 60 % are small disadvantaged businesses (8(a), EDWOSB, HubZone, etc).
- Members have an average of 14.5 years experience with USAID.
- Members staff are made up of former USAID staff, development experts, large business executives, and academics.
- Firms range from 1 to 41 years old.
- It is estimated that member companies were responsible for over 1000 new US based hires due to USAID funding.
Contract size over the last three years (2010, 2011, 2012 )
- Largest Contract: $45 Million.
- Smallest Contract: $250.00.
- Average USAID contract: $8.6 Million.
- Average per business annual USAID revenue: $4.2 Million.
Percentage of Business with USAID
- 60% of respondents do 75% of their business with USAID.