SBAIC Executive Committee Position Vacancy: Secretary
SBAIC is accepting calls for nomination for Secretary from member companies. The Secretary position is an executive officer position and includes a three year-term on the SBAIC Board from January 2019 to December 2022.
Nominations and inquiries for the Secretary position can be sent to the SBAIC’s Secretary, Shelley Spencer, email@example.com
Role of the Secretary: The Secretary maintains SBAIC’s compliance with the organization’s by-laws and organizational documents, support Board functions and activities, and improve member and Board access to information and documents.
Secretary’s responsibilities include:
- Schedule and manage organization of monthly Board and bi-monthly Member Meetings.
- Prepare meeting agendas for the Board and Member Meetings.
- Review and distribute minutes of Board Meetings.
- Provide orientation for new SBAIC Board members.
- Support ongoing use of the member management software, GrowthZone, for member data and information and event postings linked to the SBAIC website.
- Provide oversight for SBAIC’s knowledge management and archiving of SBAIC resources through Dropbox and Google suite.
- Supervise SBAIC’s member services coordinator to support the dissemination of information, trainings and to manage remote participation in board and member meetings.
Treasurer Qualifications are:
• Must be from an organization that qualifies as a full member in good standing of SBAIC
• Experience serving on a board
• Strong organizational and writing skills
• Preferred: Experience with knowledge management